Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Charles Addams

When we were assigned our first project of creating out new character, I definitely struggled to think of a character to create from scratch. I, by chance, ran into the work of Charles Addams and something just clicked. I fell in love with how he drew male characters. The all seemed to have endearing faces, plump bodies, and snazzy outfits. I mean, he did create the über suave character of Gomez from The Addams Family, actually he created all of the characters in that franchise (hence they reason why they are called The Addams Family). He was also a renown cartoonist for The New Yorker.  I would like my character to resemble a past drawing professor I had with some macabre elements reminiscent of Addams's work. Check out some of his cartoons below:





No comments:

Post a Comment